Are you looking for a good hotel management college to pursue a course in hotel management? Do you want placement assistance along with world class curriculum? Then come join us at the Sheila Raheja Institute of Hotel management where we offer best in class hotel management courses taught by experienced faculty. We believe in the practical approach to teaching and thus we have our own virtual hotel where we teach our students by making them work on real life scenarios. We are also the proud receiver of Education Excellence Award for being the best hospitality management college in Mumbai in the year 2015.
Since recent times, food media course has been something prevalent. The reason could be the easy access to internet and the ease of sharing information. However not everyone tries their hand in food media course. It is a lively world of experiment, display , recipe, colour and taste. People with interest and passion for food are more into this industry.
For many it is the weekend joy while for some it is what earns them their daily bread. People doing food media course say that they are happy doing what they love and enjoy dedicating their time to food media. Anyhow you may wonder , if taking up food media course can actually help you make a career out of it. Well, here we explain how one can actually let go their “9 to 5” job and dedicate their whole time to food media and still make a living out of it.
Make a career in food media course
- Start blogging
Blog is a renown way of making an earning. Blogging is actually a genuine career option. You can start your own food blog under a reasonable domain and start reaching out to maximum number of crowd. This will make your name and work familiar among the crowd in turn bringing in more traffic to your blog.
You can earn through these blogs by hosting advertisements.
As your name resonates among the masses , you will have more opportunities in the industry.
- Food and travel shows
The food media courses include food blooding, recipe development, food photography etc. One can combine all or concentrate on any one specific field to make a career in it. There are numerous food and travel shows popping up on television, which opens windows of opportunities for the aspirants. If you have the magic in your hands to create that perfect recipe, or the perfect display of food with fresh and yum looking elements, you can find a career in shows and even online channels.
Prepare your portfolios with as many photos as possible to make the right impression. For a smoother start you can join an established photographer and get that click right!
- Food stylist
Food stylists have high demand as they portray food at its best. Their garnishing and photographs take the dish a notch ahead that its original. You can style food for magazine photo shoots and shows. Well known brands of food actually hire stylist for advertisements on televisions, billboards, pamphlets etc., giving you a commercial opportunity to make a career in this field.
- Books and editorials
You can also etch a career in food media through writing. You could do food copy writing, or write books and eBooks or even better, turn a food critic. You can write reviews of food or product descriptions for magazines, newspapers or online websites which will pay you.
Food media courses offers you huge options to choose from. It is said that if you choose your hobby as your career , you will never feel like you are working. Hence if you are passionate about food and interested in food media course, do not think further. Find your career in food media course and earn just like a professional.
Do you believe in the practical approach to learning? Do you want to learn the minutiae of hotel management from none but the best? Then come join us the Sheila Raheja institute of hotel management. We are known all over the country for our detailed curriculum and our courses in hotel management. We also believe in the practical approach to teaching and thus have our own virtual hotel where our experienced faculties train our students of every possible scenario existing I the hotel industry. Also, after completion of the course, we provide 100% placement assistance to our students so that they get a kick start in their career in hotel management.
Are you interested in joining hotel management course and looking for the best institute of hotel management in Mumbai? Then join Sheila Raheja Institute of Hotel Management and get best hospitality and hotel management knowledge needed for getting started in the field. We were awarded best hospitality management college in Mumbai in 2015. The courses we offer are B.Sc. in hospitality studies, M.Sc in hotel and hospitality administration, BA in culinary arts, and other related courses. The courses are divided into semesters so that students can understand things more easily and in detail. If you want to join any of the above-mentioned course, call us now!
Are you looking for a good hotel management college which not only has excellent academic records but also provides placement opportunities to all its students? Then you are at the right place. We at the Sheila Raheja institute of hotel management provide best in class education and personality development. We have our own virtual hotel where we teach our students how to deal with every kind of real life scenarios. We have been one of the best hotel management colleges in Mumbai due to our sincere efforts in the field of education and placements. We provide just the kind of guidance your need to make a big name in the hotel industry.
The hospitality industry includes all the businesses that provide services to customers. This includes lodging, event planning, theme parks, transportation, cruise line, tourism industry. It is more a customer oriented business. Customer service and customer satisfaction form the backbone of this industry.
This industry offers many career progression opportunities. But if one does not develop one’s skills to the right level, it would result in a negative impact on the individual career path and also the business performance. It is thus prudent that one has to manage his own development.
Key Hospitality Industry Skills
- Customer Service – Hospitality industry centred on people. Customer service is the foundation on which the hospitality stands. Good customer service makes the customer happy. A happy customer gives positive feedback and this helps in an increase in your business. Also, care has to be taken that an unhappy customer could give a negative feedback which would be a deterrent. Always remember that “Customer is the King!”
- Communication Skills – Good communication skills is very important if a person has to fare well in this industry. As you would be constantly interacting with the customer, any miscommunication with the customer could have an adverse effect.
- Language Skills–Ability to communicate with customers in a language that they are comfortable with is an invaluable skill. Any person working in this industry will meet people from different places. Being multilingual and would make you more successful. The more languages you speak, the better.
- Listening and Problem Solving Skills – This is one of the most important prerequisites in hotel management industry. Good listening skills help in determining guest concerns. The problem-solving skills help a person to make a good judgment and choose the best course of action.
- Building Connections – Always try to make positive connections with guests, customers, fellow employees, and vendors. Building a good rapport with people is a big plus point.
- Flexibility – Often, the hotel management requires working at odd hours or even longer hours. Being adaptable and versatile can take you a long way.
- Cultural Awareness–Since you would be interacting with people of various cultures on a daily basis, it is always good to have a good understanding of various cultures. This will help reduce chances of misunderstandings.
- Teamwork–The business is not run by one person. Hotel management especially employs more number of people. So teamwork and being a good team player is surely a plus point. Teamwork plays a major role in leading you to a successful career path.
The increased awareness of the importance of these skills in the hospitality industry has led to a new niche field in education: Hotel Management Courses. A number of institutions offer higher education courses in hotel management. Mumbai has many institutions pioneering in the teaching of digital marketing education.
It is seen that hotel management and hospitality industry these days is one of the major employers. At the same time, it is difficult for the employers to find people with a good mix of education, knowledge, and experience. It is imperative then that a person who wishes to pursue a career in this industry take up the courses available in hotel management institutes and have a good career graph.
Hotel management courses are opened to various sectors of job and opportunities, it’s like studying one graduation course that open several doors for a stable career. This industry is undoubtedly huge, filled with opportunities worldwide; a simple graduation or masters in hospitality can fetch you your dream job. Besides this industry is stable and growing fast, creating many opportunities for the management trainees to select their jobs based on their interest and skills.
Check out the benefits of taking up hotel management courses:
- If you have an interest in human resource management, you can take up B.SC in hospitality studies and after you gain experience in this industry you can select your field.
- Similarly, if you are little on studious mode, and you aspire to become a professor, you can take up Masters in hospitality management and be a professor.
- If you have taken up a diploma in culinary arts and you now aspire to become a chef you can take up graduation from the final years, here you get both the degrees as well as many options as a chef.
- The remuneration in this industry is quite lucrative especially for the housekeeping department and f & b service, you additionally get tip based on your quality of service.
- You get to travel to the different locations, if you work under a hotel chain or if you become an acclaimed chef or bartender.
- In this industry hard works pay off well, even if you start as front office executive and possess good skills in later stage promotion for general managers can be expected.
- This industry has wide national and international opportunities and plenty opening in standalone hotels or restaurant chains.
- Certain hotels also offer health benefit plan and retirement plans for an employee’s stability and growth, apart from leaves and other regular benefits.
- In this industry you get to work in a relaxing environment with no such pressure of securing the job, all you need it good behavior and skills to climb the stairs of success.
Unlike other graduation courses where you study your graduation in one particular field and your job opportunities are limited to that particular industry. Moreover, the growth opportunities in other fields are quite depressive unless you are highly skilled or talented.
In other industry, the company benefits from your performance but in the hospitality industry, you also get to hone your skills and of course no stress of achieving undefined goals. For instance, if you graduate from a culinary institute you already know your job and you can easily get hired, unlike a fresher looking for an internship for industry exposure.
Hotel management courses are getting a lot of popularity among students and parents because of the rising opportunities in the field. There are many colleges which are offering this course but if you really want to take benefit of this course, it is a must that you get this course done from a leading and recognised college. Sheila Raheja Institute of Hotel Management offers different hotel management courses in Mumbai such as in culinary arts, hospitality studies, hotel & hospitality administration, etc. Choose the course according to your interest and get best out of it. Call us today to get more details about the courses and admission process.
The culinary four year college education educational programs by and large incorporates a complete investigation of cooking styles, for example, Latin, South American, Mediterranean, and Asian. Along with food service operations, loads of colleges educate administrative aptitudes too. Subjects for example, HR improvement, purchase and inventory control, representing restaurants and bars, liquor control laws, eatery laws, and contextual analyses are likewise given extraordinary consideration. These managerial aptitudes likewise help you begin your career in a food journalist business.
A prosperous culinarian adds his own touch to the diverse dishes he prepares. Imagination is required not only to prepare an assortment of dishes with possess advancement additionally for their legitimate presentation. A man who is inventive will have the capacity to make his mark dishes. In addition, he will have the capacity to present them in a way that the visitors can’t avoid savoring them. Our institute for diploma in culinary arts give value to that kind of passionate people. Come and learn.
See below to know more about our college.